St. Sigismund's Church
The oldest church in Częstochowa, founded in the 14th century, three-nave with elongated presbytery and one Gothic tower. Later extensions include the building of St. Gregory's Chapel in the years 1625-1643, the building of the vestry on the northern side later pulled down in the 19th century. The Old Town cemetery which once surrounded the Church was closed down and demolished. The Church which has survived in its present Baroque form since 1783 has a façade with two towers. Next to the church there are buildings of the two-storey presbytery and a former brick monastery dating from the early 17th century, connected with the church on the upper floor level. On the site of today's Mirowska Street running in the immediate vicinity of the Church there was once a belfry with adjoining town walls and a tower.